Wednesday, April 6, 2016

New Living Space

I have now lived in my current house for several years, its creaks and moans and noises now more than familiar to me, but there was an adjustment period, certainly. How the steps seem to groan, the front door seems to shake the whole house, things that were all new to me when in bed at night or at my desk during the evening. These little things fascinate me and we talk so little about them, how they can make the transition to a new living space a bit more nerve-wracking for those who suffer from grandiose fears. We talk about getting used to a new neighborhood or a new commute, but rarely just the very sounds and smells a house makes and emits. I'm sure, in several more years, I'll be going through the same process again, relearning things that slowly become the familiar aesthetic of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment